Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend "Taste Drive"


My latest new coffee to experience was Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend from Iowa City, Iowa.  "A cup so good, you'll sing," says the bag.  If this isn't enough, the bag also boasts "100% Co-op grown beans roasted to dark delicious perfection".



Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend
Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend

Upon opening the bag, I could see that one of the claims on the bags was true: this is a dark roast.  Not smokey dark, but roasted to full city roast.

Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend Beans
Bluebird Extra Chirps Blend Beans

This coffee has a nice creamy consistency without adding anything to it.  The flavor is sweet, slightly smokey.  These are quality beans with a good roast to bring out the flavor.  I wish I knew the origin of these beans, but the package did not reveal the source, and an internet search came up empty.  All I know is that these are "Premium Arabica" beans.

I picked this up a local Hy-Vee grocery store within a few miles of Iowa City.  I am not sure how widely this brand of coffee is distributed, but it is worth picking some up if you see it.


Copyright © 2018 Dr. Penny Pincher. All Rights Reserved. Coffee Maker Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Coffee Maker Journal Posts