Thursday, September 3, 2015

Custom Blend Whole Coffee Beans at Home

Make Your Own Custom Coffee at Home!

I have started blending whole coffee beans at home to create my own blends.  I really like the smokey flavor of dark roast, but I also like the nutty flavor and citrus notes of light roast.  Why not have all of these flavors at once in the same cup of coffee?

I bought a bag of French Roast dark roast whole coffee beans and a bag of Kona Blend light roast whole coffee beans at Target.  They were marked way down to $5.49 for a 12 oz bag, so I decided to give Target's Archer Farms store brand a try.

Dark Roast and Light Roast Coffee Beans to Blend
Dark Roast and Light Roast Coffee Beans to Blend
Image Source: Dr. Penny Pincher

I poured an equal amount of dark roast beans and light roast beans in a bowl and stirred them with a spoon until they were evenly mixed.

Custom Blending Coffee Beans at Home
Custom Blending Coffee Beans at Home
Image Source: Dr. Penny Pincher


Next, they went into the coffee grinder, 5 scoops to make a 16 oz cup.  Finally, the freshly ground beans went into my Melitta Thermal Coffee Maker's cone filter and I filled the water tank with filtered water from my refrigerator.

The result...  Some of the best coffee I have ever had!  I have been drinking my 50/50 dark-light custom blend for about a week now.

This is an easy thing to try at home.  All it takes is two different kind of coffee beans and a coffee grinder.


Copyright © 2015 Dr. Penny Pincher. All Rights Reserved. Coffee Maker Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Coffee Maker Journal Posts